By posting on my blog, you agree to the following:
- You may comment without registering.
- You may post anonymously. I don’t recommend this, but you may do so if you wish.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. When possible, please help everyone out by posting your comments on my blog rather than via email.
- You may disagree with me. I welcome debate. However, I ask that if you disagree with me—or anyone else, for that matter—do so in a way that is respectful.
- We reserve the right to delete your comments.
- Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) rude; (b) off-topic; (c) defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services.
- You may, however, post a link to your website or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my website, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, my goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. I believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.